Get the help you need to take your project to the next level
- Who's it for?: Beginners and Professionals
- Space: 10-50 Students per Track
- Instructor: Working Professionals & Peers
- Session Types: Modules cam vary from: comic book creation and storyboard animation to cosplay and Visual Effect Make-up
- Mentoring Modules:
- Storytelling techniques
- Character design
- Working with scripts
- Hand and digital lettering
- Inking - traditional (with brushes and dip pens) vs. digital - (computer) techniques
- Figure drawing
- Sketchbook practice and group critiques
- Technical elements: perspective drawing & line weight
Mentor Modules are a goal-orientated, studio workshop for making comics with everything from traditional ink-on-paper media to digital media. Exercises are based on real-world assignments. Fundamental comic book media techniques include storytelling, character design, working with scripts, hand and digital lettering, inking - traditional (with brushes and dip pens) and digital - (computer techniques), figure drawing, sketchbook practice and group critiques.
Technical elements include ruling pens and perspective drawing. Study the comic book industry's current production methods, business environment and history.
Grab your laptop. Your paint brush. Your sketchpad. Come fine tune your skills. Or learn a brand new one.
An open studio setting allow you the opportunity to mix and mingle with one another. Or just sit back and listen to a our guest mentors walk you through your questions
Mentor Modules are goal-orientated, hands-on studio workshops. Modules can cover different aspects and concepts from the what the best software to use to how to get your cosplay costume...just right. Work with peers and mentors on exercises that are based on real-world assignments.